Happy Sunday, Kansas Gal readers!
I have been overwhelmed by the number of friends and new friends showering the blog with comments and shares – I appreciate all of you and am so happy to hear you are enjoying the entries. Thank you!
On Friday, All in the Details, awarded Kansas Gal the Liebster Award!
For those of you who aren't familiar with the Liebster, it is awarded to new blogs with less than 200 followers. It’s a way to get the word out about great, up and coming blogs, I am honored to be selected by Leeane for the award! Thank you!
Award recipients keep the love going by following these steps in awarding to more new bloggers:
- Each awarded blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for bloggers you pass the award to
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) and pass the award (and link) to them in your post.
- Go to their page and them them about the award
- No tag backs
My 11 random facts:
- I love Star Wars. I am obsessed.
- While I love to cook complicated recipes, my absolute favorite guilty pleasure foods are very plain: cheese pizza, bean and cheese burritos, chocolate chip cookies, and velveeta cheese dip. (swooooon)
- My favorite dessert is strawberry shortcake
- I live in a downtown, urban neighborhood, but I would love to live in the country like some of relatives do
- I would prefer to be barefoot all the time, that is, if my feet weren’t gross
- Guilty pleasure tv show: The Bachelor/Bachelorette
- I’m a big fan of bluegrass music. My bachelorette party was at a bluegrass music festival.
- I love being outdoors. I like to get dirty.
- I have run a half marathon – running another in April
- I live across within a block of three antique stores, including the best antique store in Kansas City – it has four floors and is massive.
- I don’t care if they are the worst team in baseball, I will be a Royals fan until I die.
All About the Details questions for me:
- Where do you find inspiration [or what inspires you most]? Walking around my neighborhood or apartment building. I have the craftiest neighbors!
- What do you want from your blog? I hope to connect with people on a fun and meaningful level. The internet has become such a powerful mode of communication, but can lose that personal touch. I hope to share a bit of myself and learn from others on a real level.
- Blogger or Wordpress? Why? Blogger because I use google more frequently. It connects easily with G+ and facebook/twitter.
- How do you feel about Pinning your own DIY posts? I do it! Absolutely! For a new blog, how are people supposed to find out about you? I have no problem plugging my ideas, not because I think they are the best or amazing, but who knows – someone might find them interesting! You have to put yourself out there.
- Favorite Season? Why? This is tough. I love spring, but I also love fall – I also love summer. I definitely do not love winter.
- Best part about blogging is...finding new ideas, discovering new blogs, learning about people.
- How many email accounts do you have? Three – one work, one blogger/crafter, and one personal
- Best age of your life so far? 26! I got married this year :)Average time you spend on a blog post? 1-2 hours. My entries are shorter. This one has taken me a lot longer.
- Favorite beverage? Champagne/sparkling wine.
- One thing you never leave home without? Water bottle.
Blogs I am nominating:
Bloggers, here are your questions!
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- What are you most proud of and why?
- If you had a whole day without any commitments and could do anything, what would you do or how would you spend your day?
- If you could time travel, what time period would you visit and where?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Would you prefer to spend your spare time with people or by yourself?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Did you make a new years resolution? If so, what was it and why? If not, why?
- How many blogs do you read regularly?
- If you were to design a music festival with only five artists, who would you invite?
- What is your favorite book and why?