My husband and I are working hard to eat healthier and prepare more meals at home. This weekend we enjoyed turkey stuffed bell peppers!
Ingredients (for two, adjust accordingly for more)
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of Salsa
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 2 microwaveable brown rice cups
- Salt and pepper
- Some sprinkles of shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. Cut the tops of the bell peppers and clean out the seeds. Note: We like our veggies crunchy so we didn't boil them before baking. If you like your peppers soft, boil them for a few minutes before filling them up and baking.
3. Cook the turkey with salt and pepper in a skillet
4. While the turkey cooks, microwave the rice and combine with Parmesan cheese, salsa, and oats in a medium size bowl - set aside.
5. After the turkey is cooked thoroughly, add the turkey to the rice mixture
6. Sprinkle some shredded cheese in the bottom of the peppers
7. Stuff the peppers and spring some shredded cheese on top - bake for until cheese is melted.
8. Eat it!