Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Rustic Mason Jars

One of my favorite crafting projects to date has been planning and designing our wedding. I enjoyed every moment of making our dream vision become a reality. During the next month I will be featuring some of the projects that we made for our October 2012 wedding.

We got married at the Weston Red Barn Farm in Weston, Missouri. It was a bit chilly, but hopefully in a cozy way :) Our goal was to create elements that communicated "rustic, comfort, and charm."

I loved everything about our color pallet - deep red and brown. My bridesmaids chose mismatched dresses in the same color family. Some were a bit different shades, but I think it worked!



We wanted the reception to glow from how many lights were in the space. And so we arrive at this week's "Wedding Wednesday" project: Mason Jars! I thought of the idea of using mason jars covered with lace, burlap, twine, anything rustic looking, and then using small battery tea lights to make them glow. Here is a look at the table, you can see the jar to the right of the floral arrangement - these were all over the tables!



The first step to this process was finding miscellaneous jars of all shapes and sizes. I probably spent 100-150 dollars on this, plus the cost of the battery operated lights - which are really not that expensive if you use amazon and ebay.

Here were some of the results (all pictures were taken by Kaitlin Colston Photography - she is AMAZING!!! Hire her yesterday! www.kaitlincolston.com)


Each jar looked a bit different, just like the bridesmaids dresses...


We used twine and lace!


Pretty, huh? Next Wednesday I'll show you all the plates we collected - each place setting was unique and gathered from various antique/thrift stores.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! But I love it extra because my dress is so Greek goddess-y in this picture. :)

    ReplyDelete