Amen, brother. Amen. I LOVE mexican food, but it's not always economical to eat the amount of Mexican food that I desire, particularly when I want to go to my favorite restaurant, El Patron. So some nights you make it at home. Here is my fish tacos recipe. Enjoy!
Ingredients (prepared for 2 - double for 4, etc.)
- 2 Tilapia Fillets
- Low-carb mission soft taco tortillas
- Refried beans or black beans
- Shredded cheese
- Greek yougurt for a healthier version or sour cream
- Taco Seasoning
1. If you bought fresh fish, luck you! Skip this step. Thaw tilapia in a bowl of cold water for about 30 mintues or until not frozen anymore.
2. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
3. Season the fish - I use a blend of about two tablespoons from the city market that is specifically for tacos, but you could use any taco seasoning.
4. Bake fish for about 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes when you take a fork to it ;)
5. While fish is baking, prep your toppings. Warm up those beans, mix about 4 tablespoons of greek yogurt (or sour cream) with 2 tablespoons salsa for a healthy, zesty topping (put in refrigerator until you're ready to eat), chop up tomatoes, warm up the tortillas or grill them - whatever your preference.
6. Pull the fish out, flake with a fork like so: